To Middlesbrough with Hollins and Picture Hooks!

This weekend I am attending the Picture Hooks Conference in Middlesbrough, UK - sent as International Outreach Representative for Hollins University. But first, I traveled down one day early to do school visits with my dear friend and mentor, Vivian French!
The train down was one of my faves because it runs along the coastline, which is stunning.

All that yellow is the rape seed blooming - it's one of my favorite things to see in Scotland!
The windows of the train weren't very clean, but you get the idea - these are not photoshopped at all!


It was fun to pass by North Berwick and notice the gorgeous spots were I have actually stood.
In Dunbar, I noticed this poster for my friend Karin Slaughter's newest best-seller, and sent her a picture.
I had to change trains in Darlington, which was an adorable little train depot.
Viv picked me up at the train station and we walked to the hotel in the heart of downtown, which is lovely. Here's the cathedral that was sticking out the top of our heads in the first image.
And this is the view from my room.
Middlesbrough is adorable and I am loving my visit here - and the very soft bed at the hotel!

2 comments:

jfidz said...

I think it might be the town hall rather than the cathedral.

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

Thank you for clarifying! :) e